Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Can't shake from my brain: Round 1

Do you ever think back to past fashion weeks and certain things just pop out in your mind? I have put together a set of photos (which I don't own and are from various sources linked below) of my favorites from a couple years. These were the ones I was just gravitating to at the time so later I'm going to do a round two of more minimalist favorites. Ooh I might even do one for couture... I guess you'll just have to stick around and see!
img from bookiblog http://www.bookiblog.com/blog/blue-monkeys-at-prada-spring-summer-2011-mfw.html
img from style.com http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010/fashionshows/S2011RTW/PRADA/DETAILS/00010fullscreen.jpg

These photos are from Prada's Spring 2011 show. The show in general was very colorful, totally up my alley, complete with banana prints! The first photo is my favorite look because of the monkeys (obviously!), the rockin' glasses and the color combination of the pink and royal blue. The second photo is a close up of the ultra-cool metallic makeup from the show. The orange shirt is very distinctive and almost looks like a nurse's uniform, but I like it none the less.

img from http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Froif5a7GoU/TyLonF0XXkI/AAAAAAAABpY/SPh1va3Z-to/s1600/christopher-kane-floral-trend-de.jpg

This photo is from Christopher Kane's Summer 2012 show. I think this is a really pretty dress, I'm a sucker for floral anything. I bet it would look even better in real life because it's sheer making the flowers really pop. Christopher Kane, you've done it again.

This show from Mary Katrantzou (fall 2011) was spectacular and very difficult to simply chose one photo so here's another. I love her work because of the unique patterns. Every show they're completely fresh and new. I admire how she mixes patterns that are quite different yet all together it looks wonderful. And do I even need to mention the incredible shape of the skirts?
img from vogue
There ya go, some pieces I recently can't shake from my mind. What do you guys think?
xx,
Princess Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment